Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop

It's 4th of June already here :) . It's time to reveal what I've been made for this Blog Hop. 
This is the 2nd time I participate in Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop. Thanks a lot to Terra who still remembered to add me in her email to the participants to be :)
After one year, I'm still here in my comfort zone, making & selling jewelries made from many ordinary materials. Up to some days ago, I still had no idea of what should I make for this Blog Hop. Got so many deadline to catch up, actually.. :) 
 
Well, a couple weeks ago, I saw a link in a Craft DIY Facebook Page about a bracelet made from hex nuts. The images of the bracelet kept flyin' on my mind. Besides, I have a new friend who is specialized in making steampunk kind of jewelries. I really inspired by him. I really wanted to make at least one jewelry like those too. Just didn't know when I could stop by a heavy equipment store. 
 
Then last Saturday, I went to a hypermarket, browsed around and found that they sold heavy equipments too. So I bought some packs of hex nuts [along with the bolts too of course and until now I don't know what to do with the bolts :D ].
 
Bought them in the afternoon and started to make something up from them all night long. Firstly I wanted to make a necklace. But I found out that the amount of the small hex nuts were just too few. So I changed the design, and made a bracelet/ring. For this bracelet/ring I only use metal materials. I connected the hex nuts with copper jump rings, added metal skull charms, and voila!




The next morning I woke up with an idea of making a necklace with the bigger size of hex nuts. I combined some colors and materials. I used stainless steel chain, iron chains to connect the hex nuts [I run out the jump rings which size could be used as connector for the big hex nuts, so I took off the chain one by one and combined them with the hex nuts], antique brass skull spacers & howlite stone skull beads. And here's the result :)




After making the necklace, I saw that there were some hex nuts left. I took 2 pieces and created them to be a pair of earrings.


 And that's a wrap. Now it's time to hop to the other participants blogs. The list is below.
Enjoy the hop and Happy Skull Appreciation Day! :)

Terra
Tori
Laura
Kapree
Kristy
Sandy
Jacki
Rick St Dennis
Airless Chambers
Wendy
Julia
Susan
Lady Brayton
Black Dragon
Kay
Miko << you're here
Creepy Glowbug
Aletha
Ike
Miranda
Hazel
Monique
Shoni
Suzi
Leigh S-B Designs
DominoART
Alison
Donna M
Donna W
Jane
De Stempelwinkel
Evil Edna
Jenn
Steph
Anna
Bombshell Stamps
Helen
Shell
Movie Magic Monthly Blog
Fiona
Serena
Little Black Kitten
Maureen
Karen
Milo
Teri

31 comments:

  1. Your jewellery is gorgeous, very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you again on the Hop! Your jewelry is beyond fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design on each is beautiful. Love the different color of metals against each other. So glad you joined the hop and again beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning love the earings but they rare all beautiful nice to be hopping with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jewellery set hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miko,
    OMG!!! Your jewelry is trippin' FABULOUS! You are very creative and talented!! Thanks for joining the hop so I could see your beautiful art jewelry!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful additions to the hop-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jewelry is wonderful! I love the idea of using hex nuts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous jewelry...wow. I am so glad you are part of the hop and I could see this magnificent art.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work....so unique.
    Glad you joined in with this hop.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome jewelry really fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome jewelry! I love the hex nut bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing work! I wish I knew how to make jewelry. Your work is so unique and gorgeous! I am now a follower so I may drool in want of your stunning creations :) Thanks for hopping and Happy Skull Appreciation Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...really great jewelry...love the earrings! You are very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my ghoul oh my ghoul oh my ghoul! wow, all your jewelry pieces are skull-bogglingly gorgeous! great job on everything and happy SAD day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWesome jewellery!!! love it! Have a great hop! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your jewellery are amazing! Love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning jewelry! The earrings are to die for...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative jewelry design - I absolutely love the cuff and ring. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG - you're so talented. Love them all, could never pick a favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Love your items they are brilliant, Happy Hopping, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, these are gorgeous pieces of jewelry. Fabulous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WoWza - totally FABULOUS. These pieces are amazing :-)
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are all amazing pieces! you have such talent! I love the ring bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear All,
    thank you so very much for leaving your comments and for appreciating my work... :)
    i'm sorry that i haven't hopped to all blogs due to my activity within these 1-2 days. but i will do the hopping to each and everyone's blog later when i have a bit spare time...
    again... thank you.. :) - sorry for not replying the comments one by one :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh gosh, such wonderful creations! I really love to see pieces made from everyday items or unsusal things :) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What incredible jewelry! I would wear each of these pieces...I just love them. The slave bracelet is my favorite. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete